Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wow, a whole new year. A whole new chapter in the life of the bushveld renegade!

Hello people of the world, or internet. =)

Happy new years, by the way! 2011 holds many new misadventures and trifle situations for all. Firstly, I am no longer a teenager, unfortunatly. I have just recently turned 18 which in South Africa means that I am now legally allowed to stupidly sign my own documents and such! Hoozah!

Though, now I have finished my chapter in the whole nature conservation situation somewhat and am now working/studying at a monkey rehab in limpopo!! Whooo, how swingy is that? I am now the proud mother of an 9 week old baby vervet monkey, we call her Zinzile, but I christened her Scarface! <3 So cute.
So basically, we clean cages, babysit and watchover orphaned or ex-pets. Animal cruelty is a big issue everywhere in our wonderfull world, but personally I think the worst is in South Africa.

Why keep a pet monkey when its tiny and cant defend itself, then to chuck her away once she's too big and bites? Or even worse, shoot the mothers to get the babies or use the mothers for medicine?!
Uhem, enough of that.

Heres a little homework for you- a little depressing remedy for the soul. Listen to some Blue October, especially "18th floor balcony"
Peace nigga's.

No comments:

Post a Comment